April 20, 2020
The Estevan Bruins of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League invite applicants to apply for the position of Head Coach/General Manager. This is a full-time position. The Estevan Bruins have a rich and proud hockey history in Estevan and have been chosen as the host team for the 2022 Centennial Cup.
The position will perform all duties associated with the job as Head Coach and General Manager of a Junior A Hockey Club, but not limited to, working with Executive Board to prepare season plan, scheduling, conducting summer and fall camps, practices, off ice training, maintaining team and individual discipline, recruiting players and promoting the team in the community.
- Identify and recruit players capable of playing Junior A hockey.
- Create and sustain an atmosphere that promotes success, player development and career progression.
- Conduct all on-ice camps, practices, games and off ice activities.
- Create practice plans that promote individual skill and team progression.
- Develop game and practice plans including offensive and defensive systems as well as special teams play.
- Display team progression throughout hockey season.
- Analyze game film and conduct video review meetings with players.
- Represent the Estevan Bruins Hockey Club throughout the community.
- Build relationships with community members and attend fundraising events.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Estevan Bruins Board of Directors.
- Manage and recruit Assistant Coaches, Trainers and additional club staff.
- Prepare annual budget for the hockey club, optimize expenses and manage the team within constraints of the approved budget. Report to Board on monthly basis the financial position of the hockey club.
- Organize travel with the assistance of the office administrator.
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the executive throughout the season.
- Recruiting sources of Junior A caliber hockey players.
- Junior, Collegiate or Professional playing experience is preferred.
- Strong mentorship, leadership, disciplinary skills and conflict management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop players in preparation for play at higher levels
- Historical success as coach/assistant coach
- Coaching qualifications to coach Jr. A hockey (i.e. HP1)
- Understanding of basic business principles including finance and accounting, sales and marketing, and human resources.
Competitive wage and benefits package.
Resumes are being accepted until May 1, 2020. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Estevan Bruins would like to thank all that express interest in this position; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.