November 1, 2018
The Humboldt Broncos Junior ‘A’ Hockey Club, a proud member of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL), is currently seeking a full-time Business/Communications Manager.
Humboldt is a growing community of approximately 6,000 residents and up to approximately 10,000 residents when including the surrounding communities. The city is located 110 km east of Saskatoon and 235 km north of Regina. For more information about the City of Humboldt, visit www.humboldt.ca.
Reporting to the General Manager-Head Coach, the successful candidate will be a leader with high integrity who believes in the pursuit of excellence. His/Her role is to support the GM-Head Coach in the ongoing pursuit of organizational success.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Represents the Humboldt Broncos Junior ‘A’ Hockey Club in a professional manner while dealing with all aspects of the organization including, but not limited to major sponsors, season ticket holders, billets, and the community of Humboldt and area;
- Supports the GM-Head Coach and Board of Directors in ensuring that all media relations related to the organization occur within the established values of the Humboldt Broncos and the rules and guidelines set forth by the SJHL and Hockey Canada. This includes but is not limited to social media and online sources, television, radio, and newspapers. This also includes addressing inquiries from the general public;
- Supports the GM-Head Coach with the business operations of the team, including those assigned by the Board of Directors;
- Provides effective supervisory duties, if and when required;
- Liaises effectively with Director of Leisure Services and other City of Humboldt staff, as required;
- Reviews and/or drafts operational procedures for purposes deemed necessary by the GM-Head Coach.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the GM-Head Coach.
- Proven background and education in Business and/or Communications is considered an asset;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the Broncos’ staff;
- Strong interpersonal skills are a necessity for the role.
The position offers with a competitive “base” salary and a commission that will be negotiated with the
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a current criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
All interested applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume with three professional references to
Kevin C. Garinger (c/o the Humboldt Broncos), at humboldtbroncosHR@gmail.com
Closing date for applications: November 20, 2018 at 5:00 pm CST.
For further information regarding your application, please contact
Kevin C. Garinger at 1.306.231.4826 or Lee Dufort at 1.306.320.7770.
The Humboldt Broncos Junior ‘A’ Hockey Club wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our team. Please note that only those applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.