The Melfort Mustangs Junior Hockey Team is seeking an Athletic Therapist/Trainer to join our team full-time for the 2023-2024 season.
- Provide medical attention to players, at all team functions including games both home and away as well as practices.
- Travel with the team for away games.
- Keep accurate records of all injuries, treatments and the rehabilitation schedule. Reports all injuries to the Head Coach/General Manager and provides injury reports to SHA.
- Arrange medical appointments. (Dental, massage, team doctor, etc.)
- Be present on the bench and around the room for players needs before and during the game, which could include things like taping, and more.
- Organizing Team workouts and personal training.
- Work cooperatively with the Coaches, and accepts duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Responsible for laundry, room set up, as well as packing and unpacking.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have both of the following courses completed and passed.
- Respect in Sport – Through Hockey Sask.
- Safety – Through Hockey Sask.
Applicants must also have one of the following:
- Certified Athletic Therapist
- Emergency First Responder
- Bachelor of Kinesiology
*If the individual is still in the process of working towards one of the above, they will be required to have their standard first aid.*
Salary: To be discussed with Board of Directors based on experience and certification.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to the contact below.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 2