The SJHL Power Rankings are decided each and every week by a group of SJHL broadcasters and will be released each Tuesday.
1. Flin Flon Bombers 15-1-1-0 (Last Week 1st): 11 days off wasn’t an issue for the Flin Flon Bombers Monday in their first game of the SJHL Showcase as they earned an impressive 8-1 victory over the Weyburn Red Wings. They also held on to their #1 spot in the CJHL Top 20 Rankings. The Bombers will be back at it Tuesday night at the SJHL Showcase when they battle the Estevan Bruins. They will then return home for a big two games at the Whitney Forum this weekend against the Humboldt Broncos.
2. Humboldt Broncos 12-1-2-1 (Last Week 2nd): Speaking of the Humboldt Broncos, they are coming off their first regulation loss of the season this past Friday against the Kindersley Klippers. Despite the loss, the Broncos are still ranked 6th in the CJHL Top 20 rankings, going down 4 spots. Tuesday will kick off a busy stretch for the Broncos as they play four games in five nights. They will meet La Ronge and Melville at the SJHL Showcase Tuesday and Wednesday. They will then head to Flin Flon for a battle with the Bombers Friday and Saturday.
3. Battlefords North Stars 13-6-0-1 (Last Week 3rd): One of the hottest teams in the league right now is the Battlefords North Stars. The club has won 7 games in a row, including an impressive 5-1 win over the Estevan Bruins Monday night at the SJHL Showcase. Following their win Monday, the Stars are off until Thursday when they close out the SJHL Showcase against the Weyburn Red Wings who they beat twice this past weekend. They will then be in La Ronge Friday and Saturday.
4. Melfort Mustangs 11-5-2-0 (Last Week 4th): It was a solid week for the Melfort Mustangs as they earned three out of a possible four points. The exciting news for Mustangs fans is the fact their team is starting to get healthy. Melfort will take to the ice at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday morning against the Notre Dame Hounds to kick off Day 2 of the SJHL Showcase. They will then meet Yorkton Wednesday (at the Showcase), and then host Nipawin and Yorkton this weekend.
5. Estevan Bruins 9-7-0-2 (Last Week 6th): Despite the loss Monday night at the SJHL Showcase, the Estevan Bruins have been one of the hottest teams in the SJHL throughout the last couple of weeks. They swept their home and home with the Melville Millionaires over the weekend and now sit tied for 1st place in the Viterra division. The Bruins are back at it at the SJHL Showcase Tuesday night when they battle the Flin Flon Bombers. The Bruins will also be on the road Saturday in Melville.
6. Kindersley Klippers 6-8-2-1 (Last Week 9th): Don’t look now but the Kindersley Klippers have earned 7 out of a possible 8 points in their last four games and handed the Humboldt Broncos their first loss in regulation in their last outing. Now the Klippers will be looking to take that momentum into the SJHL Showcase Tuesday when they meet the Melville Millionaires. They will then battle La Ronge Wednesday (at the Showcase), and then play three games in three nights this weekend with a game in Weyburn and two against the Notre Dame Hounds.
7. Nipawin Hawks 9-10-0-1 (Last Week 8th): It was a solid week for the Nipawin Hawks who earned wins in 2 of their 3 games at home this past week. However, the comeback win over the Melfort Mustangs Saturday may give the club some momentum to build off of. The Hawks will be in action at the SJHL Showcase Wednesday against the Notre Dame Hounds and Thursday versus the Yorkton Terriers. They will then play their 3rd game in as many days Friday night in Melfort against the Mustangs.
8. Weyburn Red Wings 8-6-0-4 (Last Week 7th): The first day of the SJHL Showcase wasn’t too kind to the Weyburn Red Wings as they fell 8-1 to the Flin Flon Bombers. This following a solid week out on the road in Kindersley and Battlefords. The good news for the Wings is they have a few days to rest and reset the batteries before they close out the 2023 SJHL Showcase against the North Stars Thursday afternoon. They will also be home to Kindersley on Friday.
9. Melville Millionaires 9-8-0-0 (Last Week 5th): Following their hot start to the year, the Melville Millionaires have cooled off as of late, losing their last three games. They will be looking to snap that losing skid Tuesday afternoon at the SJHL Showcase when they meet the Kindersley Klippers. Melville will also take on Humboldt Wednesday morning (at the Showcase) and then host Estevan on Saturday.
10. Yorkton Terriers 6-10-1-1 (Last Week 12th): The Yorkton Terriers have turned things around a bit, winning both games this past week over the Notre Dame Hounds and the Nipawin Hawks. Ethan Farrow was superb in between the pipes for the Terriers in the pair of wins, allowing just four goals in two games. Yorkton will be in action Wednesday and Thursday at the Showcase against Melfort and Nipawin. They will also be in Melfort on Saturday.
11. La Ronge Ice Wolves 5-12-1-1 (Last Week 11th): In their lone game of the week, the La Ronge Ice Wolves fell to the Melfort Mustangs in a close game on the road. However, this week will be much busier for the Wolves who play four games in five nights. It begins Tuesday at the Showcase when they meet Humboldt. They will also play Kindersley Wednesday and Battlefords Friday and Saturday.
12. Notre Dame Hounds 5-12-1-0 (Last Week 10th): Just one game this past week for the Notre Dame Hounds too and they dropped a 3-2 overtime decision at home to the Yorkton Terriers. Also just like the Ice Wolves, the Hounds will have a busy week. They will meet the Melfort Mustangs and Nipawin Hawks at the SJHL Showcase. They will then return home this weekend for a pair of games against the Kindersley Klippers.