By Yorkton Terriers
June 15, 2017
The Yorkton Terriers of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL) are seeking an individual to serve as the teams Athletic Trainer/Equipment Manager commencing for the 2017-18 hockey season.
The successful applicant must be a team-oriented individual who is outgoing, organized and willing to work closely with the coaching and medical staff to serve the players needs.
The position requires strong organizational and communication skills with a positive attitude. The individual will also be required to travel with the team to all road games; travel expenses will be covered by the team.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all games and practices
- Management and repair of players equipment (sticks, gloves, pants, helmets, jerseys)
- Game day setup of dressing room and team equipment
- Skate sharpening and daily laundry
- Working closely with medical staff to attend to and assess player injuries, rehabilitation and documentation
- Injury prevention and physical preparation guidelines
- Communication of injuries to coaching staff and team doctors
- Maintaining an inventory of both hockey and medical supplies within a budget
Interested applicants are asked to outline their qualifications. Certified Athletic Therapist or related program and previous hockey team experience would be an asset. This position requires non-standard hours. Salary will be based on experience and certification. Those interested are asked to forward a resume to:
Casey O’Brien, Head Coach/General Manager
Phone: (306) 783-4077
Fax: (306) 782-4633
The position will remain open until filled.