Battlefords North Stars - Assistant Coach
The Battlefords North Stars are currently seeking an Assistant Coach for the upcoming 2021-22 season. This is a full time, seasonal coaching position. We are looking for an individual to provide leadership with assistance of the Head Coach/Gm to continue the strong tradition of the Battlefords North Stars Hockey Club.
Review Date: Review of the applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Deadline to apply is May 31st.
Primary responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach will include but are nor limited to:
- Assisting the head coach in all aspects of the North Stars hockey program
- Providing leadership, commitment and passion for our players, fans, and community
- All aspects of coaching and administration of a CJHL junior A hockey program
- Assist with Alumni engagement and fundraising
- Recruiting & identifying future North Star hockey players
- Assisting with current players to move on to the collegiate level
- Working with the players on individual skills
- Organizing travel/meal plans for road trips
- Assist with teams’s social media networks
- Organizing strategies and practice plans
Description of Responsibilities: This incumbent is responsible for attending all practice and games. Teaching and competing with the professional demeanor conducive to the development of student Athletes.
Required Qualifications: Collegiate or junior playing and /or coaching experience are highly desirable. Experience in marketing and recovering video footage is an asset.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references electronically to Brayden Klimosko Northstars Head coach/Gm - firstname.lastname@example.org
Weyburn Red Wings - Office and Public Relations Manager
- Be responsible for co-coordinating all advertisements for Weyburn Red Wings events and activities including the Parent Information Meeting and Annual General Meeting.
- Coordinate the annual Weyburn Red Wings Team and Individual photos and distributes the Sponsors’ photo(s) to the Team Managers for presentation to their team sponsor.
- Ensure each sponsor of Weyburn Red Wings teams receive a letter advising the sponsor fee for the upcoming season and so submit copies to the Treasurer
- Be responsible for continued communications with the SJHL league and Hockey Canada.
- Responsible to obtain sponsors for Weyburn Red Wings.
- Manage overall partner / sponsor relationships including strategic planning, revenue growth targets and all operations necessary to profitably retain, grow and service the Red Wing organization.
- Liaise with community/ sponsors to ensure sponsor activities / deliverables are being met.
- Lead creation of detailed year-end reports for assigned sponsors / supporters and Annual General Meeting.
- Take an active role in building and developing a positive relationship with all sponsors and all included in the Red Wing organization.
- With assistance, manage and maintain ongoing updates and content creation for Weyburn Red Wings website, social media strategy, publications, marketing and branding initiatives.
- Lead planning and execution of special events, Manage and lead Game Day Operations.
- Prepare various forms of contracts.
- Work in conjunction with other team coordinators.
- Collaborate with staff with creative ideas and methods to enhance overall Weyburn Red Wings game day experience.
- With assistance from staff, manage and create community involvement campaigns.
- Prepare various forms of contracts for sponsorships.
- Any other related activities as assigned by the President.
- Strong attention to detail with a professional hands-on approach.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated broad range of communication skills
- Project management background and expertise considered an asset
- Experience in office management, partner servicing or marketing-related role considered an asset
- Solid understanding in marketing programs, game day events and promotions
- Demonstrated efficiency and strong knowledge in Power Point, Excel, Graphic design, social media and video experience considered a strong asset.
Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume with references and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply is May 7, 2021
Note: only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary and Commission will be based on previous sales and marketing experience.
**A Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Person’s Check is required.
La Ronge Ice Wolves - Assistant Coach
The La Ronge Ice Wolves invite applications for the position of Assistant Coach.
The position will perform all duties normally associated with the job of an Assistant Coach of a junior hockey team including, but not limited to, working with the Head Coach to initiate and prepare a season plan, scheduling and conducting tryouts, practices, meetings and other training, maintaining team and individual discipline, recruiting players and promoting the team in the community.
- Assisting the Head Coach, as directed, with: coaching, recruiting, practice scheduling, planning and management
- Video editing for players, going over video and using for player development
- Planning on-ice and off-ice team activities
- Coordinating player evaluation and assisting the Head Coach with player selection
- Planning, implementing and controlling pre-game preparation and communication with the team
- Leading the design of the practice plan as per the Head Coach approval
- Providing all assistant coaching in all games and practices
- Assist the Head Coach/GM to build and organize a scouting structure within Canada and the US. Work with the scouting staff to ensure all areas of the hockey world are being properly viewed. Build recruitment tools and portfolio for the club
- Assist the Head Coach/GM and the scouting staff to evaluate and develop players that are scouted, try out, are drafted and/or on our list
- Assist the Head Coach/GM to build relationships with Junior B and Midget Clubs with the aim of developing prospects
- Assist the Head Coach/GM Create a program within the hockey club in order to promote the teams hockey players to a higher level. (University, College, Semi-Pro, etc.)
- Assisting with the management of the team budget as required by the Head Coach
- Assisting with team equipment management and maintenance, including skate sharpening as required
- Demonstrating a commitment to the development and academic success of the team members
- Ensuring compliance with governing association rules and regulations as it pertains to the SJHL
- Researching and preparing proposals to the Head Coach of all changes to existing hockey supplies or equipment, as required by the Head Coach
- Assisting the Head Coach with the development and implementation of Club alumni events and programs
- Assisting with Ice Wolves promotional activities and special events for the Club during season
- Organize or Assist the Head Coach/GM to organize and implement spring camps, fall camps, hockey schools, developmental camps, and cross-fit camps that benefit the club and northern communities
- Overseeing the supervision of the players on and off ice, as per team rules established by the Head Coach
- Informing the Head Coach and President immediately of any Ice Wolves player on-ice or off-ice irregularity (wrongdoing, irregular occurrence, indiscretion, etc.)
- Attending Club associated meeting and events as requested by the Head Coach
- Generally doing all in his power to advance the interests of Club
- Annually signing and providing copies of the Associate Coach Code of Conduct to the President of the Board and the SJHL
- Strong leadership and disciplinary skills
- Junior, Collegiate, or Professional playing experience preferred
- Sound knowledge of game theory and concepts including systems and special teams play
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references electronically to Head Coach/General Manager Kevin Kaminski – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is April 30th, 2021