Battlefords North Stars - Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager
December 4, 2019
The Battlefords North Stars are currently looking to fill the position of Athletic Therapist/ Equipment Manager for the remainder of the 2019-2020 hockey season and beyond.
Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled
Salary: based on experience and certification
Description: The Athletic Therapist/Equipment is responsible for the physical care of the athletes and maintenance of equipment. Certified Athletic Therapy (or related program) and previous hockey team experience would be an asset. This position requires non-standard hours. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons of Canadian Citizenship
The Athletic Therapist/ Equipment Manager will work under the direction of the Head Coach and assume duties as assigned by the Head Coach on a daily basis. Job duties shall include but are not limited to:
- Keep accurate records of all injuries, treatments and the rehabilitation schedule.
- Reports all injuries to the Head Coach/General Manager.
- Administer or arrange the therapy needs of all of the team members.
- Keep accurate records of all treatments.
- Determine the requirements for physiotherapy needs, equipment and supplies for the team.
- Control and distribute all therapy equipment and consumables.
- Work cooperatively with the Coaches, and accepts duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Familiar with Blade Master skate sharpening equipment. Perform skate sharpening duties.
- Control, distribute and maintain inventory of all medical supplies and consumables.
- Ensure the dressing room is properly organized and assist co-ordination of cleaning daily.
- Meet visiting team’s needs on game days.
- Co-ordinate the loading and unloading of bus for all road trips with the team’s Coaching Staff.
- Co-ordinate the ordering of medical supplies and consumables with the Head Coach/GM
- Be present on the bench and administers to all the players first aid needs during practices and games.
- Co-ordinate first responders’ policy and protocol for emergency situations.
- Be available for all off-ice sessions.
- Co-ordinate and complete daily laundry duties.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance and distribution of team equipment with the Head Coach/GM.
- Ensure equipment is repaired or replaced as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and references electronically to:
Battlefords North Stars Office
NOTRE DAME HOUNDS - ATHLETIC THERAPIST
August 23, 2019
Notre Dame Junior A Hounds are looking to hire an Athletic Therapist.
Interested candidates should submit cover letters and resumes, with references, to:
Human Resources Department
Athol Murray College of Notre Dame
P.O. Box 100, Wilcox, Saskatchewan S0G 5E0
Fax (306) 732-4405