La Ronge Ice Wolves - Director of Marketing, Communications, and Broadcasting
August 31, 2021
The La Ronge Ice Wolves invite applications for the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Broadcasting.
The position will perform the duties as listed below:
Responsible for renewing sponsorships and seeking new sponsorship revenue for the organization.
Responsible for managing social media accounts for the team. Also responsible for creating new content which would help grow the team brand. Writing of game previews, recaps and trade news that could be posted on the website. These articles could also be distributed to local and provincial news outlets.
Responsible for the planning and execution of webcasts on Hockey TV for home games and an online audio stream of away games.
Responsible for play by play broadcasts of the La Ronge Ice Wolf games both at home and on the road, travelling with team to road games.
Acting as Master of Ceremonies for team fundraising and social events such as the Sportsman’s Dinner and Year end banquet.
Primary contact for any media requests.
Assist with game day duties in the office. This would include helping prepare the programs, assisting with volunteer coordination as required. It would also include selling tickets from the office on game day.
Help in planning and execution of any fundraising efforts.
Creation of yearly marketing/communications plan.
Please submit a resume describing education and experience as well as a cover letter and a play by play demo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is: 5 pm. September 10, 2021.
Yorkton Terriers - Athletic Therapist / Equipment Manager
August 26, 2021
The Yorkton Terriers are currently looking to fill the position of Athletic Therapist/ Equipment Manager for the remainder of the 2021-2022 hockey season and beyond.
Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled
Salary: based on experience and certification
Description: The Athletic Therapist/Equipment is responsible for the physical care of the athletes and maintenance of equipment. Previous hockey team experience would be an asset. This position requires non-standard hours.
The Athletic Therapist/ Equipment Manager will work under the direction of the Head Coach and assume duties as assigned by the Head Coach on a daily basis. Job duties shall include but are not limited to:
- Keep accurate records of all injuries, treatments and the rehabilitation schedule.
- Reports all injuries to the Head Coach/General Manager.
- Administer or arrange the therapy needs of all of the team members.
- Keep accurate records of all treatments.
- Determine the requirements for physiotherapy needs, equipment and supplies for the team.
- Control and distribute all therapy equipment and consumables.
- Work cooperatively with the Coaches, and accepts duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Familiar with Blade Master skate sharpening equipment. Perform skate sharpening duties.
- Control, distribute and maintain inventory of all medical supplies and consumables.
- Ensure the dressing room is properly organized and assist co-ordination of cleaning daily.
- Meet visiting team’s needs on game days.
- Co-ordinate the loading and unloading of bus for all road trips with the team’s Coaching Staff.
- Co-ordinate the ordering of medical supplies and consumables with the Head Coach/GM
- Be present on the bench and administers to all the players first aid needs during practices and games.
- Co-ordinate first responders’ policy and protocol for emergency situations.
- Be available for all off-ice sessions.
- Co-ordinate and complete daily laundry duties.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance and distribution of team equipment with the Head Coach/GM.
- Ensure equipment is repaired or replaced as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and references electronically to:
Yorkton Terriers Junior A Hockey Club