By Athol Murray College of Notre Dame
August 9, 2017
Athol Murray College of Notre Dame, founded in 1927, is a coeducational, Catholic, boarding high school for students in grades 9-12. Notre Dame has a well respected academic curriculum, high performance athletic programs and spiritual development rooted in Christian humanism. The College is located in the village of Wilcox, Saskatchewan; thirty minutes south of the capital city of Regina.
Athol Murray College of Notre Dame is committed to developing young men and women to become purposeful leaders with virtuous character.
Athol Murray College of Notre Dame provides an exceptional educational and boarding experience with a balance of strong academic, athletic and spiritual growth in a safe and caring prairie environment.
The Hockey Operations Assistant is responsible for recruiting, coordinating and organizing the Spring Showcases and Summer Camps at Athol Murray College of Notre Dame while providing assistance with the fall camp operations. The individual in this position will work within the Hockey Office and related areas providing administrative support. The staff member in this position directly reports to the Male Hockey Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Hockey Program Recruitment
1. Hockey program recruitment.
2. Support the Hockey Office and the Admissions Office in the recruitment of student athletes for the hockey program.
3. Work to maintain and enhance the Notre Dame recruitment network to continue to build our ongoing prospect data base.
Spring Showcases and Summer Camps:
1. Coordination of Spring Showcases and Summer Hockey Camps scheduling, staffing and programming.
2. Assist both the Female and Male Coordinators with spring recruitment camps.
3. Coordinate with the Marketing Office for all advertising materials related to the summer camps with approval from the Director of Hockey Development.
4. Develop and monitor the annual budget for all summer camps under the direction of the Director of Hockey Development.
5. Assist in setting Spring and Summer Camp dates.
6. Reply to telephone calls and e-mails regarding the Notre Dame Summer Camps.
7. Work with Hockey Operations Administrator to coordinate the ordering Summer Camp Hockey Sweaters, coaches’ attire, etc.
8. Coordinate and communicate with other key departments as required.
1. General office assistance including reception, phone calls, daily correspondence, e-mail replies, sort mail and distribute.
2. Ordering of office supplies and office equipment repair calls.
3. Assist with making any changes to team lists on an on-going basis.
4. Assist with the preparation of all team rosters.
5. Assist with updating the Coaches Manual on a year to year basis.
1. Distribute correspondence to showcase and camp participants and staff in a timely manner.
2. Send out recruitment information from Notre Dame Hockey Office to potential recruits.
3. Send out Notre Dame Player information to NHL, Major Junior and College scouts.
4. Communicate with prospective families on behalf of the Notre Dame Hockey department.
1. Responsible to help build the Spring Team Program in consultation with the Male Hockey Coordinator.
2. Assist the Male Hockey Coordinator with monitoring and scheduling for the Off-Ice Skills Centre.
3. Coach one of the Notre Dame Hockey teams specifically the Junior ‘A’ team.
4. Assist with the monitoring and assignment of community service positions for all hockey related areas and submit time cards (i.e. ticket takers, nets and goal judges).
5. Assist with online scoring for Junior ‘A’ and Midget AAA teams.
6. Assist with Special Projects when required.
7. Assist the Director of Athletics in organizing the fall and spring sports banquet and athletic awards.
8. Work with the Director of Athletics and the Finance Office to support the multi-sport day camp.
The successful candidate in this position will possess:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Business Administration and Communications, Kinesiology or Sport Management
- Experience as a Hockey Coach
- Experience in scouting and recruiting players
- Experience in Blackbaud is an asset.
- Demonstrates excellent computer skills especially in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Must have a clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Display a commitment to Notre Dame’s Catholic nature, philosophy, principles, mission, history and strategic plan.
- A willingness to interact with the student body in a positive manner (i.e. coaching, student clubs, etc.)
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all candidates in advance. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.