By Humboldt Broncos
April 26, 2019
The Humboldt Broncos Junior ‘A’ Hockey Club, a proud member of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL), is currently seeking a full-time Marketing Manager.
Humboldt is a growing community of approximately 6,000 residents and up to approximately 10,000 residents when including the surrounding communities. The city is located 110 km east of Saskatoon and 235 km north of Regina. For more information about the City of Humboldt, visit www.humboldt.ca.
Reporting to the General Manager-Head Coach, the successful candidate will be a leader with high integrity who believes in the pursuit of excellence. His/Her role will be to support the GM-Head Coach in the ongoing pursuit of organizational success.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Representing the Humboldt Broncos Junior ‘A’ Hockey Club in a positive and professional manner while dealing with all aspects of marketing the organization including but not limited to: major sponsors, minor sponsors, season ticket sales, and oversight of game day operations;
- Supporting the GM-Head Coach in addressing social media presence, online presence, and all other media requests. This also includes addressing inquiries from the general public, when requested;
- Liaising effectively with Director of Leisure Services and other City of Humboldt staff, as required;
- Providing effective supervisory duties, when required;
- Completing other duties as assigned by the GM-Head Coach.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a necessity for the role;
- Background in marketing is considered an asset;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the Broncos’ staff.
The position offers with a competitive “base” salary and a commission that will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a current criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening.
All interested applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume with three professional references to
Scott Barney, at humboldtbroncosHR@gmail.com.
Closing date for applications: May 12, 2019 at 5:00 pm CST.
For further information regarding your application, please contact
Scott Barney at 1.705.760.4560; Kevin C. Garinger at 1.306.231.4826; Lee Dufort at 1.306.320.7770
The Humboldt Broncos Junior ‘A’ Hockey Club wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our team. Please note that only those applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Humboldt Marketing Manager (Word Document)