POSITION: Director, Marketing and Partnerships
REPORTS TO: SJHL Commissioner | SJHL Board of Governors
STATUS: Permanent, Full Time (Base Salary & Commission)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 30, 2022
Reporting to the SJHL Commissioner, the Director, Marketing and Partnerships will be responsible for managing/developing the SJHL strategic marketing and partnership planning.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage overall partner/sponsor relationships, including revenue growth targets and all operations necessary to profitably retain, grow, and service the customer
- Manage the fulfilment and delivery of all contractual obligations to corporate partners including sponsor-related programs, promotions and event-related deliverables
- Develop and present corporate sponsorship proposals to prospective partners
- Develop and manage sponsorship inventory, tracking reports and other summaries to ensure proper management of SJHL partner assets. Create new sponsorship sales inventory or modify existing inventory as required
- Lead creation of detailed year-end reports for assigned clients
- Prepare client contact reports, internal status reports, internal timelines, client newsletters and updates, and other reports and summaries to provide clients with essential SJHL information
- Help to deliver partner communications, develop joint collateral, and strategically manage joint events
- Liaise with SJHL Member Teams to ensure sponsor activities/deliverables are being met
- Manage and coordinate sponsor planning meetings/deliverables timelines with Member Team Marketing Managers as required
- Work directly with day-to-day client contacts to support in-market activations
- Liaise with suppliers and partners to ensure fulfilment of client needs
- Become an expert on our product, our partners, and the markets in which the SJHL operates
- Develop a positive relationship with all clients
- Develop and maintain an understanding of assigned clients’ business and competitive environment
- Assist the Commissioner in development and tracking of servicing budgets
- In conjunction with the Commissioner, manage and implement the SJHL Strategic Plans in: Business Operations and Marketing
- Preparation and distribution of all League Media releases to the appropriate League media outlets in a timely fashion.
- Manage SJHL website relating to all League news items as required.
- Manage ongoing updates/content creation for the SJHL website in the form of stories, graphics, weekly initiatives, video, etc.
- Collaborating with the Commissioner on the coordination of overall SJHL social media strategy including league branding, marketing, sponsorship initiatives and timelines.
- Manage content creation and delivery of social media content across multiple platforms including: SJHLHockey.ca, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Collaborating with the SJHL Commissioner and/or Director of Operations on the coordination of all SJHL Media Conferences.
- Attend all league showcases and events while assisting with event schedules, management, marketing/promotion activities, etc.
- Produce and communicate a production schedule with signage, print, broadcast specifications and creative deadlines (Separate “Playbooks” for each individual league event)
- Manage all interviews with League Coaches, GM’s, Owners, Players, etc. where necessary for League and Media stories in any medium.
- Facilitate creative approvals and track all materials
- Lead planning and execution of special events, e.g. annual SJHL Prospect Development Camp
- Take an active role in building a positive SJHL culture
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Work cooperatively with the Commissioner, Director of Operations, League Governors, Member Team Marketing Managers, Coaches/GM’s, Statistician and Director of Officiating
- Report to the Governors, Coaches/GM’s of the SJHL when called upon by the Commissioner
- Any other related activities as directed by the SJHL Commissioner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Marketing/Administration, Business Administration, Management, Marketing or related field an asset
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a partner management, partner servicing or marketing-related role within a sporting environment. Hockey background/experience an asset
- Project management background and expertise
- Solid understanding of marketing programs, events, and promotions, as well as experience in developing partner marketing plans
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer-focused and a partner advocate
- Hands-on approach; plans, prepares and executes professionally
- Ability to work well with limited supervision and with limited resources
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel and Word Press skills. Graphic design experience an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills; promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to use a broad range of communication techniques to effectively communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Programs, Outlook and ability to quickly adapt to new technology and easily acquire new technical skills
- Ability to work staggered hours, evenings and weekends as necessary
Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume with references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: only those persons selected for an in- person interview will be contacted.
**A Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Person’s Check is required