The Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League – is seeking to fill the position of Commissioner.
The Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League is looking for a highly motivated team player who is a leader and has the management skills necessary to deal with the 12 member teams that comprise the SJHL, along with representing the league in a variety of capacities including meetings with Hockey Canada, the CJHL and Hockey Saskatchewan.
- Supervise all league affairs
- Represent the SJHL at all CJHL, Hockey Saskatchewan and Hockey Canada meetings.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with the SJHL board of directors and volunteers.
- Ability to prepare and present operational budgets.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Work with SJHL bookkeeper to provide teams with monthly and yearly financial statements.
- To act as signing officer (two signatures are required on all cheques/payments) on all league bank accounts.
- Strong communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Oversee and work with the SJHL marketing coordinator and communications director.
- Responsible for handling and coordinating all Hockey Operation items including, player transactions to SJHL teams as well as teams within the CJHL and other leagues, in conjunction with the established Hockey Operations regulations.
- To maintain an up to date record of player protection lists of all member clubs.
- To arrange, in cooperation with the Senior Manager, Operations of Hockey Saskatchewan, the administration of player registration and other player personnel documentation in accordance with the rules and regulations of Hockey Canada, Hockey Saskatchewan and the SJHL.
- To be knowledgeable of the rules of hockey that govern the CJHL, Hockey Saskatchewan and Hockey Canada.
- To review and distribute all meeting minutes and documents to the board of directors.
- Plan, prepare agendas and oversee all board of governors and management committee meetings.
- To help promote the league’s players and teams through all media streams available in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the board of governors.
- Strong hockey background
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to multi task on numerous projects
- Experience working with athletes, managers and coaches
- Experience working for a volunteer board
All interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday March 2nd. We thank all of those submitting resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.